Learn, How to write SEO-Friendly URL
SEO URL optimisation is the practice of creating search engine-friendly URLs for web pages, in order to improve their visibility and ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs). A well-optimized URL should be concise, descriptive, and easy to read, with keywords relevant to the content of the page. This can help search engines to understand the content and purpose of the page, and increase the likelihood of it being ranked highly for relevant search queries.
Here are some tips for writing SEO-friendly URLs:
- Keep it concise: Your URL should be as short as possible while still conveying what the page is about. Ideally, it should be under 60 characters.
- Use hyphens: Use hyphens to separate words in your URL. This makes it easier to read and understand for both users and search engines.
- Include relevant keywords: Include keywords that are relevant to the content on the page, but avoid keyword stuffing. Your URL should read naturally and not be overly stuffed with keywords.
- Be descriptive: Your URL should provide a clear description of what the page is about. This makes it easier for both users and search engines to understand the content of the page.
- Avoid special characters: Avoid using special characters such as “&” or “@” in your URL. Stick to letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- Use lowercase letters: Always use lowercase letters in your URL. Using uppercase letters can cause confusion for users and search engines.
By following these tips, you can create URLs that are optimised for search engines and easy for users to understand.
How to write SEO-Friendly URL –
When writing SEO-friendly URLs for an e-commerce website, there are some additional considerations to keep in mind. Here are some tips:
- Include product name and category: Your URL should include the product name and category, so that users and search engines can easily understand what the page is about. For example, https://example.com/shoes/womens-running-shoes.
- Use breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs are a navigational tool that can be displayed in the URL. They show the user where they are on the site and how they got there. For example, https://example.com/home/shoes/womens-running-shoes.
- Avoid using session IDs: Session IDs can be added to URLs to track user sessions, but they can also make URLs longer and more complex. Try to avoid using them in your e-commerce URLs.
- Use canonical tags: Canonical tags tell search engines which URL is the preferred version of a page. This can help prevent duplicate content issues, which can hurt your SEO.
- Include important product details: If there are important product details that users might search for, such as color or size, include them in the URL. For example, https://example.com/shoes/womens-running-shoes-blue-size-8.
By following these tips, you can create SEO-friendly URLs that will help your e-commerce website rank higher in search results and attract more traffic.
Follow Abhay Ranjan for more knowledge.