HOW TO SET UP GOOGLE SEARCH CONSOLE
- November 27, 2020
- Posted by: Abhay Ranjan
- Category: SEO
WHAT IS GOOGLE SEARCH CONSOLE?
Google Search Console is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your site’s presence in Google Search results. You don’t have to sign up for Search Console to be included in Google Search results, but the Search Console helps you understand and improve how Google sees your site.
Search Console offers tools and reports for the following actions:
- Confirm that Google can find and crawl your site.
- Fix indexing problems and request re-indexing of new or updated content.
View Google Search traffic data for your site: how often your site appears in Google Search, which search queries show your site, how often searchers click through for those queries, and more.
- Receive alerts when Google encounters indexing, spam, or other issues on your site.
- Show you which sites link to your website.
- Troubleshoot issues for AMP, mobile usability, and other search features.
HOW TO SET UP GOOGLE SEARCH CONSOLE :
- Go to Google Search Console.
- First, you will need to log in. If you have Google Analytics, log in using the same details as you use to access your Analytics account. Alternatively, you can log in with a Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you will have to create one before you can continue.
- Once you have successfully logged in, click the “Add A Property” button at the top of the page.
- Enter the URL of your website, then click continue.
- Next, you’ll be asked to verify that you own the website in one of four ways:
- If you have access to the root of your website you can upload an HTML file.
- If you manage your hosting yourself, you can verify via your hosting provider.
- If you use Google Tag Manager, you can verify via Google Tags.
- Or, by far the quickest and easiest method, verify ownership via your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
WHAT DOES GOOGLE SEARCH CONSOLE DO?
Google search console is a free service offered by Google that helps your monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your site’s presence in Google search results. you don’t have to sign up for the search console to be included in Google search results, but the search console helps you understand and improve how Google sees your sites.
Thanks for Reading.